Saturday, January 10, 2009

First Day

Hello bloggers. I'm the new kid.

I'm hoping I will become more active with looking at others' art and make more art myself as a result of blogging. Today I participated in a first official meeting of an art group. Man am I pumped to do some work! If I could only tune out the TV long enough to do art work at the same time. I am working on it, really, I am. Does anyone else ever feel as though if they start looking at other artists they will end of copying them? That is what has kept me from doing much research in the past. I get so inspired to do exactly what other people are doing, not want to copy them and end up not doing any art at all.

1 comment:

  1. all artists struggle with finding "their" niche or style or whatever. don't reinvent the wheel... just improve it! you need to look to other artists for exactly what you said... "inspiration"... find 3 artist that you really like and find a way to take something different from all 3 and add your own flavor. I'm sure this will result in a LINZEEE original. Turn the TV off and start doing!!! i love you... you have always had it in you!

    ReplyDelete